Strumpshaw Hall Steam Museum
Strumpshaw Hall Steam Museum is the perfect place to bring the whole family. Lots to see and do.
In 1881 William James Holmes returned from Scotland (his father having married the daughter of Sir Charles Flower). His son William Charles Flower Homes took over the estate in 1908 and built a generator and produced the first electricity in Strumpshaw.
The family traditions still live on in the museum, a place where the past can be seen in all the steam engines and the farm machinery that helped shape our future. Bring a picnic lunch, sit in the paddock on a Summer's day and just enjoy the view.
We have our very own gift shop for souvenirs and mementos. Our cafeteria is newly furnished and is ideal for cups of tea or coffee and soft drinks, with a selection of cakes and pastries. We also welcome dogs on leads in the Museum and on countryside walks.
Open at 10.30am. Closes at 3.30pm. Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Spring and summer only.
Contact us for more info - you can also call us on 01603 717936